Fun. Support. Advocacy.
The OutCenter of Southwest Michigan provides support services and resources to LGBTQ+ people, their families, and allies. We also work to create change in Southwest Michigan through initiatives based on education and strong strategic partnerships.
In 2021, the OutCenter continued to make great progress, and set new precedents, helping to make Southwest Michigan an inclusive area with great impacts for kids, families, employers, and employees.
Here are some highlights:
- 418 policies and practices promoted, enacted, and/or modified.
- 353 families and school staff members received assistance.
- Worked with 25+ area school communities as well as Berrien RESA.
- Reaching more than 11,000 elementary, middle, high school, and college students.
- 22 partner organizations organized to provide more robust and appropriate services to LGBTQ+ people and their families.